Glasshouse, an urban oasis in the heart of Auckland City, is seeking a skilled Sous Chef with function experience to join our team and contribute to the magic of our diverse events.
Situated in the serene neighborhood of Morningside, Glasshouse offers a tranquil escape in the midst of Auckland's vibrant city life. Our venue is a hidden gem, providing a calm and serene space for various occasions, including weddings, award evenings, photo shoots, and private parties.
Our ideal Sous Chef:
- A career professional with experience in staff management
- A leader that can train and motivate a kitchen team
- Genuine commitment to a successful career in hospitality
- A friendly, enthusiastic, and positive can-do attitude
- Maintaining and exceeding overall minimum standards
- Thrives under pressure
- A team player
- Creative flair and excellent presentation skills
To be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated experience as a Sous Chef with functions and events background
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, support, and mentor the team
- Lead the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Implement and manage stock control, ordering, and checking of deliveries
- Provide high quality meals in a fast-paced environment
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Strong compliance focus
- A commitment to achieving outstanding sales results
- Ability to take direction well from Head Chef
- Ability to engage with the local community
So, why choose us?
- Enjoy staff discounts anytime at any of our venues across the country.
- We are a dynamic company with a relaxed culture
- With 200+ venues Australia & New Zealand wide, and many more on the horizon, career opportunities are endless
- We welcome and encourage innovative thinkers and always reward hard work and success
- Unlimited support with our ever-growing central support team: Marketing, People & Culture: Recruitment & Training, IT and Point of Sale, all filled internally.
- In addition you'll also find a stimulating and gratifying working environment where we value our employees' careers and support their learning and development.
We value the diversity of our employees' experiences, talents, and cultures. Our talent strategy includes embracing diversity and fostering inclusion. Our capacity to unlock potential and improve our success depends on our ability to build a diverse, inclusive workforce.