The Realm is one of Wellington’s best suburban local, part of the furniture in Hataitai since the 1930’s.
The Restaurant serves quality meals from pub classics to gourmet style pizzas and of course our famous brunch on the weekends.
Our ideal Head Chef:
- A career professional with experience in staff management
- A leader that can train and motivate a kitchen team
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Genuine commitment to a successful career in hospitality
- A friendly, enthusiastic, and positive can-do attitude
- Maintaining and exceeding overall minimum standards
- Thrives under pressure
- A team player
- Creative flair and excellent presentation skills
What will you bring to the table?
- Proficiency in menu costing and ability to control and minimize wastage
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Significant experience in large-scale events and functions
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Strong understanding of rostering and costing
- Implement and manage stock control, ordering, and checking of deliveries
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop, support, and mentor the team
- Ability to produce high quality meals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong compliance focus
- A commitment to achieving outstanding sales results
- Ability to engage with the local community
So, why choose us?
- We offer competitive salaries with an annual bonus of up to $20k’ paid quarterly’
- Enjoy staff discounts anytime at any of our venues across the country.
- We are a dynamic company with a relaxed culture
- With 200+ venues Australia & New Zealand wide, and many more on the horizon, career opportunities are endless
- We welcome and encourage innovative thinkers and always reward hard work and success
- Unlimited support with our ever-growing central support team: Marketing, People & Culture: Recruitment & Training, IT and Point of Sale, all filled internally.
- In addition you'll also find a stimulating and gratifying working environment where we value our employees' careers and support their learning and development.
We value the diversity of our employees' experiences, talents, and cultures. Our talent strategy includes embracing diversity and fostering inclusion. Our capacity to unlock potential and improve our success depends on our ability to build a diverse, inclusive workforce.