How To Support Your Staff During The Lockdown
Mar 27, 2020
In response to COVID-19 the Government is supporting the New Zealand economy with a $12.1 billion support package.
Wage subsidies are available for all employers that are significantly impacted by COVID-19 and are struggling to retain employees as a result. The scheme will be open to all businesses and will cover all the staff in business with no cap.
To qualify for the subsidy:
- Your business must be registered and operating in New Zealand
- Your employees must be legally working in New Zealand
- The business must have experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month when compared to the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
- You must make best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period
The wage subsidy will be paid at a rate of:
- $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week
- $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week
The subsidy will be paid as a lump sum to the employer and will cover 12 weeks per employee. It is to help keep your staff employed whilst you consider changes that may be needed during the disruption. Employers are required to keep their workers in employment for the period of the wage subsidy scheme.
Find out more information or Apply here!