How You Can Help Australia's Bushfire Crisis
Jan 13, 2020
Australia is still burning, animals are in danger and loosing their homes and 100's of people's properties and lives have been destroyed. Whilst firefighters from New Zealand, Australia and America work to put out the vast spreading fires here are just some of the ways you can support from across the pond.
- Donate to NSW Rural Fire Service which focuses on local regional fire services
- Donate to Australian Red Cross focusing on evacuation centres and recovery hubs for those affected
- Donate to WWF focusing on the countries koala population
You can also check out GiveALittle's fundraising pages to help provide assistance and relief for people, animals, families and communities affected in Australia.
- Carlton Bar & Eatery are hosting a quiz night to raise funds and also donating a portion of the drinks sales to the cause. Check it out here
- Kaiser Brew Garden are donating $10 to the Australian Wildlife and Animal Support Fund and the NSW Rural Fire Service for every one of their 'Mission Down Under' cocktails sold. Find out more here
- The Fox & Ferret Riccarton & Palms and Cleaver Co are hosting a fundraising night on Friday 17th January. Check out more info here
- Nomad Restaurant in Point Chevalier are hosting a 3 course meal for only $55. Each plate will donate $10 to firefighters in Australia and wildlife rescue. Check it out
Travelling to Aus soon?
Buy a pint
Throughout January Australian Venue Co will be donating $1 from every schooner and $2 from every pint of Furphy or XXXX puchased.
Buy some lunch
Until 9th February Solotel venues have introduced a Bushfire Relief dish or drink to each of their menus. Check it out here
If you know of any other fundraising efforts that should be featured on here get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!